General Info about Travel to Guatemala, including links to all my posts from Guatemala.
Guatemala Travel Information
- Day 1 – Guatemala City straight to Antigua
- Day 2-6 – Antigua Chilling and Volcano Acatenango to see Fuego
- Day 7-9 Lago Atilan
- Mexico (Crossed to San Cristobal De Las Casas, then to Palenque)
- Day 10 – Transfer from Palenque to Flores (Tikal!)
- Day 11-14 – Flores/Tikal, Crossed into Belize from there.
General Info about Guatemala Travel
- Time of Year: May/June (aka Rainy Season)
- Actual Year Traveled: 2018
- Language: Spanish
- Money: Quetzales. Backpackers say Qs.
- Mode of Transport: Flight into Guatemala City. Bus/Van in and out from Mexico/Guatemala/Belize Borders
- Origin: Panama
- Destination After Costa Rica: Mexico/Belize
- Main Transport Between Cities: Tourist Shuttles for Safety/Speed
- Main Transport within Cities: Foot
- General Thoughts on Transportation: Paid for shuttles between cities. Heard lots of things about not being as safe. Didn’t have consistent travel partners in Guatemala, so paid the extra for the shuttles. Most people I knew took shuttles. Not that expensive.
- Thoughts on Rainy Season: Not that rainy. An afternoon rain. Still lots of travelers and friends to make, and weather barely made any impact on travel.
More Posts for Guatemala coming!